Ductless HVAC systems are becoming more popular in Woodbine, Georgia. Many people latch onto them as an option for air conditioning. But did you know that they can heat your home, too? Discover how ductless HVAC systems work to heat your home and find out where you can schedule an installation.
What Are Ductless HVAC Systems?
Many people are surprised that ductless HVAC systems can heat as well as cool. A ductless system uses a heat pump to warm your house when the weather gets cold. This means that, as opposed to forced-air systems that use natural gas or electricity to heat an element then pump hot air through ductwork, these systems transfer warm air from one area to another. As a result, they’re more efficient.
What Are the Advantages of Ductless HVAC?
Ductless systems are very efficient at both heating and cooling your home. Some of the specific benefits of ductless HVAC systems include the following:
- Individualized temperatures: Ductless systems work in various zones or regions of the house. As a result, your family can warm different parts according to their individual needs.
- Energy efficiency: They use very little electricity compared to traditional heating and cooling systems. They’re also more energy efficient than the alternatives like space heaters or window air conditioners. Plus, you don’t have to use two systems to do the work that one ductless system can.
- Lower energy bills: Because you use them in only a few areas at a time, they can save you a great deal on your utility bills.
- Flexibility: Not worrying about adding to ductwork means easier expansion if you want to add a new addition to your home.
- Varied installation options: They allow for single or multi-unit installation. If you have a small living space, they can allow you to heat just that space as opposed to the complex zoning required in a larger home.
Do you want to learn more about the best ductless HVAC systems available on the market? Call Ed’s Comfort Solutions at (866) 429-0417 for an appointment today.
Image provided by iStock